Friday, August 5, 2011

4 Layer Delight

So I decided to make a summery dessert today and once again capture the process.  It's just so much fun, two things I love to do...bake and photography.  This recipe my mom always makes when we get together with my dad's side of the family and it is one of my favorites.  Here is 4 Layer Delight...

Ingredients for the crust.

Melt the butter and add all three ingredients together with a fork until clumpy.

With floured hands, press into a 9x13 pan.

Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.

The crust after 30 minutes...nice and brown!  (This makes the whole dessert!)

Ingredients for the other 3 layers.

Combine 1/2 the cool whip, powdered sugar and softened cream cheese.

Using a mixer, mix until nice and creamy.

Spread carefully over the pecan crust.  Trust me be VERY careful because it will try to pull up the crust as you spread.  No on will see this layer but you'll know!!! :)

Make your boxes of pudding with 3 cups of cold milk.  Yes I know it says 2 cups per box...again trust me, use 3 cups!


Spread pudding over cream cheese mixture once your pudding has set.

Spread the rest of the cool whip on top!  I do LOVE cool whip!

Grate some chocolate for a nice garnish on top.  It makes it look more appetizing!
ENJOY!

Crust Ingredients:
1 cup flour
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 stick butter

3 Layers:
1 box cream cheese
3/4 cup powdered sugar
16 oz. cool whip
2 small boxes chocolate pudding
3 cups milk
Chocolate bar (optional...but I would make it necessary :)  It just makes it look better!)

No comments:

Post a Comment